Friday, October 23, 2009

So why am I hangin it up...

I have had several emails and IMs from all of you out there as to why Im closing the doors on my shops!

It's pretty simple really... I have been designing for a while and I absolutely love it! I have cried and cried over my decision because I have to let go of one of my true passions and comforts in my life! Unfortunately, the economy in the USA, just isn't great! My DH had a severe blow back in the beginning of the year when he was thrown from his horse and we didn't know if he was going to be able function properly let alone work like he used to. See my DH is a contract laborer, if he doesn't have a job he doesn't work! He has no sick pay, he has no 401K, he has no insurance, and well times have been seriously tough since all this happened!

Now, I chose to be a SAHM late last year when I was hurt on the job and couldn't do my normal job anymore. I did this for 2 reasons, 1. I wanted to be home with my 4 yr old until he went to school, and 2nd because my older son is ADHD and has an onset of Bipolar and a Conduct disorder. He needs alot of special attention and with me being at home at all times I could cater to his needs better and without having to bother anyone else!

Now that my eldest is knee deep into middle school, I have had a heck of a time trying to cope with the behavioral issues with him. I have gone round and round with the school trying to get him into special needs class for social skills and small controlled groups rather then with a large unstructured environment!

So being a designer has given me the freedom to do these things but alas it doesn't make up for what I made when I was employed outside the home! It has been a major struggle lately to just keep up with the regular bills and necessities the we as a family need! So I have been contemplating this decision for a while but in recent events that have taken place in my home have decided to attempt to put designing down for a while and focus on getting job outside the home to help with costs.

I dont want, by no means, to do this... but sometimes you have to bite the bullet!

I want to show my DH that it is possible to do something you love and make a decent income from it! That's where I need your help... I want to continue to design and I want the encouragement to do so! But I also have to prove myself to my DH.

So with that said I will be closing my doors to all my shops as soon as I find a outside job. Make sure you grab all my goodies because once they are GONE they will be GONE forever! When I do come back it will be with new products!



Check it out HERE

And if you have a bunch of my products already all my stores are on sale from 50% - 60% off



Danielle Corbitt Designs :: Pickleberrypop :: Scrappity-Doo-Dah

2 comments:

Faye Hadfield said...

I hope you will be able to come back really soon - I love your work!

Amandac said...

So sorry to hear you have been doing it tough Danielle - I know that everything will work out for the best for you and your family {hugs}